This time of year, my week doesn’t feel complete without a warm bowl of squash soup.
Since I absolutely love squash (it’s rich in the antioxidant vitamin C, fibre and folate), I decided to share this sweet recipe with you today.
It’s vegan, gluten-free, and absolutely delish!
Sweet Squash Soup RECIPE
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, roughly chopped
1 yam, peeled, roughly chopped
4 cups filtered water
1 small can coconut milk (165ml)
½ tbsp cinnamon
½ tbsp grated ginger
½ tsp sea salt
1. Heat coconut oil in a large pot on medium high and sauté onions until translucent, mixing occasionally (3 minutes).
2. Add squash and yam. Sauté stirring well (5 minutes).
3. Add water and coconut milk to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil then add cinnamon, ginger, and sea salt.
4. Turn down heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and liquidize until smooth.
6. Garnish and serve warm.